Thursday, February 2, 2012

Who is...Sarah Moore?



Sarah Moore has a set of Eyes that are a filmmaker's dream. I've yet to enounter an actress who can throw so many emotions as quickly or as intensely as she can, all without saying a single word.

Captivating. That's the best word I can use.

I've known Sarah for a number of years now and for a host of reasons she was my first choice to take on the role of Caitlyn. When the film eventually drops she is going to take you on a roller-coaster ride of highs, lows and everything in between. Trust me on that.



Many of you know Sarah from her other theatrical/web adventures, but for those of you have yet to have the pleasure, allow me to introduce you to the First Lady of VOC.

Paul: How long have you been involved in performance art?


Sarah: I did my first play when I was in second grade and started singing shortly after. I was heavily involved with it in high school and went on to get my B.F.A. in Theater with an acting emphasis from Millikin University in 2003.


Paul: You write, direct, produce and choreograph. If you had to pick just one...

Sarah: Of those? I'd rather write. But honestly, I'd rather act.

Paul: You're Mom to two adorable kids. How do you find the time to pursue your projects?


Sarah: I don't sleep. It involves a lot of late nights, copious amounts of coffee, and stolen accidental naps during the day when they are at school. Also, my house doesn't get cleaned as often as I would like.



Paul: As a writer, do you create on a schedule or do you wait until inspiration strikes?


Sarah: I'd love to wait until inspiration strikes, but I've had to keep myself to a schedule. I try to write something every single day. I also try to make myself accountable to another person to keep me motivated. I set a table read or a production meeting that requires a finished script so that I stay on the ball.

Paul: What was your favorite aspect of working on VOC?


Sarah: I loved that all I had to do was show up and say my lines. It was a refreshing change. For Gamer Chick I am writing, producing, costuming, acting and a million other things. For VOC I just played one character. One hat on my head. That was nice. It let me focus.


Paul: Professionally, where are you hoping to be in 5 years?


Sarah: I just want to still be creating.


Paul: Last question, and now it gets tough: You can have one dessert...just one...for the rest of your life. What is it?


Sarah: This is a completely unfair question. Desserts are very important to me. I'm going to go with cupcakes. They come in so many different forms and they are adorable.


-paul

4 comments:

  1. So..... anything new? Did you forget all the fans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, it's been two weeks since my last post. Since you guys wont share I will.

    For the rest of you, I know Mike in real life and he has shown me and told me a few things that I have encouraged him to share here. He been busy, sick, working or some other excuse. So here are a few of the cool things he has shared with me.

    1. They got [EDIT: Told you not to share this. Mike] finished.
    2. The work on [EDIT: Really? We are still working on this. Mike] and is phenomenal.
    3. Saw the [EDIT: NO. Stop. Mike].
    4. Finally they have the [EDIT: Gonna ban you. Mike] and the [EDIT: Enough. Mike] and they are great.

    So I hope this keeps the rest of the fans interested till they post something official.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright alright alright....Dammit Steve.

    Okay, so there's a lot going on. We're working on it. Don't get your panties in bunch. And if you ever do that again, I'll do more than react your post!

    Hi!

    Yes, I/We owe an update...we feel terrible, but that feeling is superseded but the awesomeness of watching the movie come together.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you edit me, apologize for not putting anything up, and then......

    ReplyDelete